[Rd] codetools

Luke Tierney luke at stat.uiowa.edu
Mon Jul 28 12:17:59 MEST 2003

I've put together a package codetools with some tools for examining R
source code.  It is available at

        http://www.stat.uiowa.edu/~luke/R/codetools/codetools.tar.gz

It requires a reasonably current version of R-devel.

The main user functions are:

    checkUsage, checkUsageEnv, checkUsagePackage: Examine closure,
        closures in an environment, closures in a package, and report
        information on possible problems

    findGlobals: Finds global functions and variables used by a function.

    showTree: Prints Lisp-style representation of expression; useful for
        understanding parsing.

This stuff is a by-product of putting together a more solid framework
for the byte code compiler I am working on and it's still very rough,
but I'm making it available now in the hope that it may be of some use
and to get some feedback and ideas for useful directions of
improvement.

luke

--
Luke Tierney