[Rd] Recommended way to change defaultPackages under Windows

Douglas Bates bates at stat.wisc.edu
Mon Jul 28 18:22:48 MEST 2003

What is the recommended way to change the default set of packages that
are loaded at startup by R for Windows?  I am writing vignettes for
the Devore6 package which my introductory engineering statistics
students will use and I would like to describe how the R environment
can be changed so that this package is loaded by default.

I understand from the R for Windows FAQ that one way would be to
install a Rprofile or Rprofile.site file containing

options(defaultPackages = c(options("defaultPackages"), "Devore6"))

Would this be the recommended way?