[Rd] Re: [R-SIG-Mac] Darwin-Aqua R-devel

Jan de Leeuw deleeuw at stat.ucla.edu
Thu Jun 12 20:44:13 MEST 2003

I made a script RAqua with

#!/bin/sh
exec "/Applications/RAqua.app/Contents/MacOS/RAqua" "$@"

and put it in /usr/local/bin.

Now RAqua starts up the Aqua GUI, as expected, but library(tcltk)
says there is no tcl/tk support (and I do have the frameworks).

Also the menubar is blocked, and output from help() and library()
is written to the Terminal window.

But I guess you already new all this. Very exciting.

In previous builds I used, by the way,

configure
--with-tcl-config=/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/tclConfig.sh
--with-tk-config=/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/tkConfig.sh
--enable-R-shlib --without-x --with-aqua --with-blas='-framework
vecLib' --with-lapack TCLTK_LIBS='-framework Tcl -framework Tk'
TCLTK_CPPFLAGS='-I/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.Framework/Headers
-I/Library/Frameworks/Tk.Framework/Headers'

to make absolutely sure that AquaTcl/Tk was used.

On Thursday, Jun 12, 2003, at 18:29 US/Pacific, Stefano Iacus wrote:

> I've been able to build a very primitive Aqua GUI for Darwin R.
>
> This version as minimum event handler support but at least you can
> drag around the quartz device.
>
> You need to download the RAqua.app.sit archive from
> http://www.economia.unimi.it/R/
>

> You need to unstuff it and put inside your system Applications folder
> (i.e. /Applications)
>
> If you click on the RAqua icon nothing will happen (in reality
> something happens if you have a look at the Console log window).
>
> To run this version of R you should type the following from a term
> window
>

> /Applications/RAqua.app/Contents/MacOS/RAqua
>

> If you want to build this version of R you should download tomorrow
> R-devel tgz as I have just committed the files via CVS.
> This version has been configured with
>
> ./configure --enable-R-shlib --with-blas='-framework vecLib'
> --with-lapack --with-aqua
>
> if you have aquatcl/tk it should work fine. I'll try it tomorrow as it
> is too late now :)
>
> stefano

===
Jan de Leeuw; Professor and Chair, UCLA Department of Statistics;
Editor: Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Journal of Statistical
Software
US mail: 9432 Boelter Hall, Box 951554, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1554
phone (310)-825-9550;  fax (310)-206-5658;  email: deleeuw at stat.ucla.edu
homepage: http://gifi.stat.ucla.edu