[Rd] Re: [R-SIG-Mac] Darwin-Aqua R-devel

Stefano Iacus jago at mclink.it
Fri Jun 13 10:07:31 MEST 2003

On Venerdì, giu 13, 2003, at 04:44 Europe/Rome, Jan de Leeuw wrote:

> I made a script RAqua with
>
> #!/bin/sh
> exec "/Applications/RAqua.app/Contents/MacOS/RAqua" "$@"
>
> and put it in /usr/local/bin.

Thanks Jan, this is very helpful!

> Now RAqua starts up the Aqua GUI, as expected, but library(tcltk)
> says there is no tcl/tk support (and I do have the frameworks).

yes, of course, I've not configured this version of R to use tcltk as I
was too tired yesterday to reconfigure and rebuild. I'm doing it now
but I'm sure it will work.

> Also the menubar is blocked,
yes, I did not setup the menu handlers etc
> and output from help() and library()
also I did not configure the R pager as "internal" so R prints out to
the terminal, I'll fix this

> is written to the Terminal window.

The aim of doing this is to was just to put some bases in R-devel where
other Mac devels can experiment.
 From my side, I'm confident I can finish the GUI rather soon, but then
there will be other delicate things to adjust.
The idea is to switch to Cocoa soon, which can be easily done inside
Carbon.
The Quartz device will also be soon resizable.

Now that my teching time is over I have more time to work on it.

let's see.

stefano