[Rd] R crashes when resizing windows (PR#2992)

gavin at stats.gla.ac.uk gavin at stats.gla.ac.uk
Tue May 13 17:53:18 MEST 2003

I tried R-1.7.0 Patched too and the problem hasn't changed.

I tried to replicate the bug on a colleague's machine and it behaved
differently: In this case the window would freeze for a few seconds at a
time while being resized. The cursor then also froze, requiring use of
CtrlAltDel and Task Manager to kill the process. However, R didn't crash
and exit by itself.

It's maybe worth pointing out that the problem can be removed (at least in
Win2000) by going to Control Panel > Display Properties > Effects and
deselecting "Show window contents while dragging".

Gavin

>Duncan, the bug still persists in R-1.7.0 Patched (2003-05-13) which I
>just got via rsync.
>
>Uwe

* *
Dr Gavin D. Alexander