[Rd] Possible R CMD check problem (PR#3070)

Friedrich.Leisch at ci.tuwien.ac.at Friedrich.Leisch at ci.tuwien.ac.at
Fri May 23 11:40:57 MEST 2003

  > On Thu, 2003-05-22 at 03:52, Friedrich.Leisch at ci.tuwien.ac.at wrote:
  >> Why do you think there is a bug in R rather than in your package? (I
  >> assume that it is a package of yours, at least it's not on CRAN).

  > Well, I did say "possible" problem.

Yes, but you also filed it into the R bug tracking system ... and
reporting "bugs" that in fact are mostly installation problems on your side
doesn't make life easier for us.

  > The reason I think so is that part
  > of the error message (Could not create DVI version) is wrong (a dvi file
  > was produced)

Thanks for the hint, I'll fix that message.

  > and part of it (This typically indicates Rd problems) is
  > misleading. There is also some chance that the problems are deeper than
  > that.

Well, the message says that *typically* Rd problems are the reason
(which probably is true in 95% of all case), not that they are the
only possible cause.

Regards

                        Friedrich Leisch
Institut für Statistik                     Tel: (+43 1) 58801 10715
Technische Universität Wien                Fax: (+43 1) 58801 10798
Wiedner Hauptstraße 8-10/1071      Friedrich.Leisch at ci.tuwien.ac.at
A-1040 Wien, Austria             http://www.ci.tuwien.ac.at/~leisch