[Rd] Proposal: 'global' package refactoring

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Tue Nov 25 14:33:45 MET 2003

Dear Gregory, Paul, and Jan,

I recall proposing something like this (that is, a classification of
available functions) some time ago, but it never got off the ground. The
advantage of using keywords is that package authors would classify their
own functions, but I don't think that the current set of keywords is
adequate. It would be particularly useful to work out a hierarchical or
perhaps hyper-linked classification (without restricting particular
functions to just one terminal node).

Regards,
  John