[Rd] warning from return() in 1.8 but not in 1.7.0 (PR#4687)

Thomas Lumley tlumley at u.washington.edu
Mon Oct 20 20:07:01 MEST 2003

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 tord.snall at ebc.uu.se wrote:

> To whom it may concern,
>
> I get the following message when I run my function:
>
> Warning message:
> multi-argument returns are deprecated in: return(call.fn, repl, time, from,
> to, last.year, occup.m, ant.occ.m,

For each version of R there is a list of the most important changes in
R for package developers at http://developer.r-project.org, usually with
advice on what changes you have to make in your code.

The third of ten items in the list for 1.8.0 is
  3) Multi-argument returns are deprecated.  Use a named list, e.g. replace
      return(pred, se)
  by
      return(list(pred=pred, se=se))

This is easier than reading through the NEWS file.

	-thomas