[Rd] anoncvs does not work

John W. Eaton jwe at octave.org
Fri Apr 9 17:34:11 CEST 2004

On  9-Apr-2004, Uwe Ligges <ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de> wrote:

| Does anybody now why the anoncvs access does not work?
|
| cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs at anoncvs.r-project.org:/cvs co -P R
|
| cvs [checkout aborted]: connect to
| anoncvs.r-project.org(128.104.176.132):2401 failed: Connection refused
|
| Is this still the issue that franz has been compromised?

Yes.  The master CVS archive was on franz and copied over to the web
server that I maintain.  When franz was removed from the net, the
rsync process stopped working.  Around the same time, my web server
was hit with the same or a similar intrusion (possibly from franz) so
it was also removed from the net.  I rebuilt the web pages for Octave
on a different machine.  I'd be happy to resume the rsync process for
the R project CVS archive if whoever is maintaining the master CVS
archive now is interested in doing that.

| Also, the link to http://anoncvs.r-project.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi at
| http://anoncvs.r-project.org/ does not work ...

The web access to the anonymous CVS archives has not been restored
because I haven't had time to do it yet, but it should reappear
sometime in the near future.

jwe