[Rd] anoncvs does not work

A.J. Rossini rossini at blindglobe.net
Fri Apr 9 19:42:59 CEST 2004

"John W. Eaton" <jwe at octave.org> writes:

> On  9-Apr-2004, Uwe Ligges <ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de> wrote:
>
> | Does anybody now why the anoncvs access does not work?
> |
> | cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs at anoncvs.r-project.org:/cvs co -P R
> |
> | cvs [checkout aborted]: connect to
> | anoncvs.r-project.org(128.104.176.132):2401 failed: Connection refused
> |
> | Is this still the issue that franz has been compromised?
>
> Yes.  The master CVS archive was on franz and copied over to the web
> server that I maintain.  When franz was removed from the net, the
> rsync process stopped working.  Around the same time, my web server
> was hit with the same or a similar intrusion (possibly from franz) so
> it was also removed from the net.  I rebuilt the web pages for Octave
> on a different machine.  I'd be happy to resume the rsync process for
> the R project CVS archive if whoever is maintaining the master CVS
> archive now is interested in doing that.

I'd really appreciate CVS running again.  rsync is still a PITA,
despite what people think.

best,
-tony

--
rossini at u.washington.edu            http://www.analytics.washington.edu/
Biomedical and Health Informatics   University of Washington

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachme...{{dropped}}