[Rd] Re Re: R 1.9.1 (PR#7158)

l.k.s.daldorff at astro.uio.no l.k.s.daldorff at astro.uio.no
Wed Aug 11 10:38:45 CEST 2004

paul murrell writes:
>  Hi
>

>  > Hi
>  >
>  > I am not to familier with R
>  >
>  > The following problem are observed on 1.9.1 but not on 1.9.0.
>  > Both R distribution installed from source code.
>  >
>  > System:
>  >
>  > Mac os X 10.3
>  > Xdarwin 4.4 (xfree)
>  >
>  >
>  > Problem:
>  >
>  > I generate a multiplot by :
>  >
>  > X11() ## making the devise I want to save to file (num)
>  > par(mfow=c(3,3))
>  >
>  > par(mfg=c(1,1,3,3))
>  > plot(........
>  > ...
>  > ..
>  > .
>  >
>  >
>  > Then I want to print it to file wit specifying the devise number. I use the
>  > following structure
>  >
>  > postscript(filename......)
>  > d =dev.cur()
>  > dev.set(which=num)  ### num : the devise I want to save to file
>  > dev.copy(which=d)
>  > dev.off(d)
>  >
>  >
>  > The following message is than resived when running the functions:
>  >
>  > Warning message:
>  > Display list redraw incomplet
>

>  This means that a problem has occurred during the dev.copy() and not all of the
>  graphical output has been copied (there should be stuff missing in the
>  postscript version).  The most likely source of the problem is that there is not
>  enough space for the plots (are you specifying the width and/or height for the
>  postscript file?  how big is the X11 window you did the original plotting in?).
>
>  (I don't think this is a bug)

Thanks for the fast reply.I don't know if it is a bug or not ,only that it
don't work. I have both R-1.9.0 and R-1.9.1 installed and run the exact same
program/data on both, the R-1.9.0 works. I agree that the problem most
probably is related to dev.copy() .

xwininfo gives H:524 and W:524

The postscript file is ~A4
postscript(filename,horizontal=FALSE,height=10,pointsize=10)
The function generate a postscript file with the headers and so on but none
of the plot are recreated in the file.

Lars