[Rd] Install packages does not work on Win2003 server (PR#716 3)

Walke at demogr.mpg.de Walke at demogr.mpg.de
Thu Aug 12 15:23:44 CEST 2004

	>a) It works for me.
	>b) If it works for you on some Windows versions but not on others,
why
	>do you think it is a bug in R?

	It is the first of our application that shows this problem. At least
as far as I know.
	The installation of R works without any problem, only the addition
of further packages does not. What is the difference between both
installation parts? Of course you may ask what is the difference between
Windows NT and Windows XP as client system. And you may ask what is the
difference between a Windows NT and a Windows 2003 file server?
	Is R using a piece of code that Windows XP sends wrong to a Windows
2003 file server?

	>Quite probably something is not set up correctly either in your
	>configuration of Windows (permissions, quota, ...) or in the
	>configuration of R (do you have set another library path to install
to)?

	>Please tell us the way you tried to install the package.

	>Uwe Ligges

	What I did, was "Install packages from local zip files..."
interactivly.

	Best,
	Rainer Walke

+++++
This mail has been sent through the MPI for Demographic Rese...{{dropped}}