[Rd] R and Gnumeric?

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at math.uni-augsburg.de
Mon Dec 20 18:31:59 CET 2004

On Dec 20, 2004, at 10:20 AM, Marc Schwartz wrote:

> I was just curious if anyone from R Core might comment on the nature
> and
> scope of the cooperation, as I could not find anything at the Gnumeric
> web site on this.

I don't know about that, either, but as of R and Gnumeric i know that
Duncan was working on a  package for that:
http://www.omegahat.org/RGnumeric/
However, I didn't test it myself, but you may want to give it a shot.

> In light of the recent discussions on Excel, this might provide more
> substantive incentive for those who find themselves needing to use
> spreadsheets to consider Gnumeric*. Since it is also available under
> Windows, though not yet Mac OS as far as I can tell, some level of
> cross
> platform functionality is available.

I'd be very surprised if Gnumeric didn't compile on OS X - there may be
no native port, but the X11 version should work on OS X (if in doubt,
check fink and darwinports).

Cheers,
Simon