[Rd] 64-bit R failed to compile some packages (PR#7440)

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Tue Dec 21 20:44:44 CET 2004

This is not a problem with R, but with the options you selected to
configure it.

config.site contains all the flags you might want to change.  You haven't
even mentioned the compiler you used, let alone the flags you used.
As package som contains C++ code, it looks as if you didn't get your *CXX*
flags right.  That's your fault, not a bug in R.

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 yauv at ohsu.edu wrote:

> Full_Name: Vincent Yau
> Version: 2.0.1
> OS: Solaris SPARC 9
> Submission from: (NULL) (137.53.23.145)
>

> We have recently upgraded to using 64-bit R.  Was trying to install
> a SOM library by using:
>
>  install.packages(c("som"));

Why are you attempting to concatenate a single object?

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk