[Rd] help with creating package

Teodor Krastev Krustev at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 22 01:25:42 CET 2004

Hello,

I'm trying to create a source package (on Win2k system). I followed the
instructions from R-extns.pdf, installed ActivePerl and RTools with setting
the DOS path to it.
Then I did "Rcmd check" and had an error:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
C:\R\rw2001\bin>Rcmd check D:/prime7/SpnInstall/spectrino
* checking for working latex ...latex: not found
 NO
* using log directory 'C:/R/rw2001/bin/spectrino.Rcheck'
* checking for file 'spectrino/DESCRIPTION' ... OK
* checking if this is a source package ... OK

installing R.css in C:/R/rw2001/bin/spectrino.Rcheck

MAKE Version 5.2  Copyright (c) 1987, 1998 Inprise Corp.
Incorrect command line argument: --no-print-directory

Incorrect command line argument: -C

Syntax: MAKE [options ...] target[s]
    -B                Builds all targets regardless of dependency dates
    -Dsymbol[=string] Defines symbol [equal to string]
    -Idirectory       Names an include directory
    -K                Keeps (does not erase) temporary files created by MAKE
    -N                Increases MAKE's compatibility with NMAKE
 . .

What is wrong ? Anybody with  a clue ?
Maybe RTools need more setting to be done - what, how ?

thanks
Theo

Marry Christmas, everyone !!!