[Rd] Spelling (PR#6570)

Roger D. Peng rpeng at jhsph.edu
Wed Feb 11 03:25:31 MET 2004

Unfortunately, with English it's conceivable that they're both
correct.  But the double 't' sounds/looks *more* correct to me.
Of course, this is coming from a native English speaker who is
generally unfamiliar with the rules of English.

On the other hand:

test --> testable?
arrest --> arrestable?
contest --> contestable?
detest --> detestable?

So maybe the single 't' is correct.  Did that clear things up?

-roger