[Rd] cygwin tar?

Tony Plate tplate at blackmesacapital.com
Thu Mar 18 17:40:53 MET 2004

Duncan, thanks for the explanation.  I prefer bash to the Windows command
line and it sounds like others do too.

Should I take it then that following the instructions in
src/gnuwin32/INSTALL should allow one to use the .exe's from tools.zip
inside a cygwin bash shell?  Following those instructions used to work for
me, but it no longer does -- I get the cygwin1.dll conflict error no matter
what I do.  The only thing that works for me is to remove the cygwin1.dll
that came with tools.zip (and thus use the cygwin1.dll that came with
cygwin.)  I wonder if something has changed in either Windows 2000 or in
cygwin that makes cygwin1.dll more persistent than it used to be?

-- Tony Plate