[Rd] Formatting of times in time series objects

John Maindonald john.maindonald at anu.edu.au
Wed Nov 10 10:08:32 CET 2004

Although print.ts() formats times pleasantly when it prints
regular multivariate time series (at least for suitable series)
(try e.g.
 > xy <- cbind(window(AirPassengers, end =1950), 1:11)
 > window(xy, end=1949)
           xy seqno
Jan 1949 112     1
)
I can find no immediate way to extract the pleasantly
formatted date.  I am wondering what plans there may be
to modify format() to provide a choice of formats for the times
in ts objects [presumably via as.Date(), rather than by code
such as in print.ts()], or if some other solution is in view.

John Maindonald             email: john.maindonald at anu.edu.au
phone : +61 2 (6125)3473    fax  : +61 2(6125)5549
Centre for Bioinformation Science, Room 1194,
John Dedman Mathematical Sciences Building (Building 27)
Australian National University, Canberra ACT 0200.