[Rd] Re: [R] R works on Fedora Core 3

Wed Nov 10 20:36:03 CET 2004

On Wed, 2004-11-10 at 19:01 +0000, Prof Brian Ripley wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Nov 2004, Marc Schwartz wrote:

snip

> > Prof. Ripley, is there a particular CRAN package upon which I can test
> > the bug issues that you refer to above to confirm their presence or
> > absence on FC3?
>
> I know minpack.lm and nlmeODE used to fail R CMD check in the examples on
> the real gcc 3.4.2. I've just tested they on an AMD machine under FC3, and
> they seem OK -- what I am not sure is if they ever failed there (they did
> on i686).
>
> At a quick glance the embedded reference in etc/Makeconf to gcc 3.3.3 when
> compiling packages with Fortran is not causing problems as 3.4.2 has
> reorganized where things are.
>
> My tests are on a server in a server room, and at present Xvfb won't run
> on it (I think it needs cleaning up after the upgrade), which limits the
> testing I can do tonight.

Both packages seem to be OK here:

minpack.lm_1.0-3.tar.gz:

* creating minpack.lm-Ex.R ... OK
* checking examples ... OK

nlmeODE_0.2-8.tar.gz:

* creating nlmeODE-Ex.R ... OK
* checking examples ... OK

I did not mention this earlier, but this was a clean install of FC3, as
opposed to an upgrade. I usually preserve the /home partition and re-
format the others for the new versions each time.

HTH,

Marc