[Rd] Re: [R] R works on Fedora Core 3

Jonathan Baron baron at psych.upenn.edu
Wed Nov 10 19:53:27 CET 2004

On 11/10/04 12:41, Marc Schwartz wrote:
>On my system (a Dell 5150 laptop, nVidia GeForce FX Go 5200 with the
>nVidia 6629 driver, an internal 15" 1600x1200 panel and an external 20"
>Dell 2001FP 1600x1200 panel in non-xinerama dual-display mode), the
>X11() device comes up at 7" x 7" on both displays.

Mine works now too.  I think the thing that made it suddenly
start working was that I added

DisplaySize 336 222

to the Monitor section of xorg.conf.  (This is the screen size in
mm.)  I had a custom xorg.conf, which the installer left alone,
but the xorg.conf.rpmsave did not have this line either.

For more than you want to know about my system see
http://www.sas.upenn.edu/~baron/delli.html

Jon
Home page: http://www.sas.upenn.edu/~baron
R search page: http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/