[Rd] Solution to problem running R 1.8.1 on Windows XP (PR#7357)

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed Nov 10 22:37:44 CET 2004

Please do not send reports on year-old versions of R: see the R posting
guide.

Please try the latest version of 2.0.1 beta, and if you can reproduce
this, send full instructions on how to reproduce it.  However, check the
rw-FAQ first, for this looks like an error in your display drivers, not in
R.

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 RichardP at DFO-MPO.GC.CA wrote:

> This is a bug apparently caused by Windows XP's interaction with R.
>
> I was getting an error message when running C:\Program
> Files\R\rw1081\bin\Rgui.exe.  Odly enough, his problem was happening only
> when I was not connected to the network using my ethernet connection.
>
> Using Google, I found the same error described on a thread (see attached)
> as:

Nothing was attached - see the posting guide.