[Rd] Building Packages on Windows using .Rbuildignore (PR#7379)

murdoch at stats.uwo.ca murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Thu Nov 18 16:36:03 CET 2004

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 00:38:47 +0000 (UTC), Gabor Grothendieck
<ggrothendieck at myway.com> wrote :

>DIFFERENCE BETWEEN USING .RBUILDIGNORE AND NOT
>
>The reason that the processing is different according to whether one
>uses .Rbuildignore or not is that
>  R CMD build
>takes the .Rbuildignore file into account but
>  R CMD install
>  R CMD check
>  R CMD build --binary
>do not take .Rbuildignore into account.

Okay, now I understand.  I think I'd call the last of those a bug, and
it would seem to me that the install and check scripts should also
respect this directive.   I've now copied this to the r-bugs list.
(This was reported for Windows; I don't know if it applies to other
platforms as well.)

Just for clarification:  I can see you would use this when you have
S-PLUS code in the same directory as R code, and you don't want to
include that in an R build.  Are there other files that must be
excluded?

Duncan Murdoch