[Rd] \link{} to help pages in Debian

Iago Mosqueira imosqueira at suk.azti.es
Mon Nov 29 13:08:51 CET 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-29 at 09:20, Martin Maechler wrote:

> not at all!
> We have been working with several libraries "forever",
> and I think I have n't seen your problem ever.

I have detected it only in one package, which happens to conatin links
to base and graphics. It seems they are generated at install time simply
by assuming the root of all packages is the same.

Obviously this is not a problem in Windows, where all packages appear to
be installed, at least by default, in the same tree.

> Actually you forgot to specify which interface to the help system
> you are using.  But I assume you mean the help.start()

Yes, indeed, sorry about that.

> "C-c C-v" is faster; to  follow links in ESS help buffers, after

Umm, maybe I need R help in vimhelp format...

> For me, help.start() works fine including links between pages
> from packages in different libraries.

Do you know of any other example I could check where a help page in one
package contains a link to another package?

Cheers,

Iago