[Rd] reorder [stats] and reorder.factor [lattice]

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Tue Sep 14 08:50:55 CEST 2004

    DeepS> Before it's too late for R 2.0.0, do we have a final decision yet on
    DeepS> having a reorder method for "factor" in stats?

Since the thread is quite a bit old, (and I have been in vacation back then),
could you summarize what you think about it?

When skimming through the thread I got the impression that, yes,
it was worth to "centralize" such a method in 'stats' rather
than have different slightly incompatible versions in different
other packages.
This is of tangential interest to me as I have been slightly
involved with reorder.dendrogram()

Regards,
Martin