[Rd] algorithm reference for sample() - Knuth

Vadim Ogranovich vograno at evafunds.com
Fri Sep 24 23:36:45 CEST 2004

My apologies for the previous incomplete message, I accidentally hit
"send". Here is another try.

Thank you all for the reference to Knuth. Indeed in vol. 2 he has a
section "Random Sampling and Shuffling" which looks relevant.
Unfortunately, I don't have an access to the book itself so I couldn't
figure if this section discusses samples w/o replacement WITH
pre-specified sampling probability. The only public library around that
has the book is a parking nightmare so before I go there I would really
appreciate if someone, who has the book on his shelf, could tell me that
the section is relevant indeed?

Many thanks,
Vadim