[Rd] Developing R packages in an IDE

Greg Ridgeway gregr at rand.org
Sun Sep 26 21:08:26 CEST 2004

R development folks,

I want to get a sense if there is general interest/use of integrated
development environments (MS Visual Studio, Eclipse, KDevelop, etc.) among R
package (C/C++/Fortran) developers. I've used Visual Studio (as well as
ESS/vi setups) in the past and am toying with KDevelop these days. Are there
others out there who have tried using KDevelop for R package development? Any
success or pitfalls?

If there's no one else out there using KDevelop I might forge ahead and write
up a tutorial on R package development with KDevelop. I can't tell just yet
whether it's a good route but so far it seems promising.

Greg Ridgeway

may contain privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use,
of the original message.