[Rd] orphaning CRAN packages

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Sat Apr 9 12:38:28 CEST 2005

Friedrich.Leisch at tuwien.ac.at wrote:

> Dear R Developers,
>
> the following CRAN packages do not cleanly pass R CMD check for quite
> some time now and did not have any updates since the time
> given. Several attempts by the CRAN admins to contact the package
> maintainers had no success.
>
> norm, 1.0-9, 2002-05-07, WARN
> sound, 0.6, 2002-08-31, WARN

Hmm, does anybody use sound extensively or does anybody use its data
structures?

If not: tuneR contains quite a lot of the functionality of sound and I
would agree to port missing functionality (seem to be just a few
functions) to tuneR (which is based on S4 rather than the S3 methods
"sound" is base on). So it won't hurt if sound is moved way from CRAN
one day.

Uwe