[Rd] orphaning CRAN packages

(Ted Harding) Ted.Harding at nessie.mcc.ac.uk
Sat Apr 9 14:02:22 CEST 2005

On 09-Apr-05 Uwe Ligges wrote:
> Friedrich.Leisch at tuwien.ac.at wrote:
>
>> Dear R Developers,
>>
>> the following CRAN packages do not cleanly pass R CMD check
>> for quite some time now and did not have any updates since
>> the time given. Several attempts by the CRAN admins to contact
>> the package maintainers had no success.
>>
>> norm, 1.0-9, 2002-05-07, WARN

It would be serious if 'norm' were to lapse, since it is
part of the 'norm+cat+mix+pan' family, and people using any
of these are likely to have occasion to use the others.

I'd offer to try to clean up 'norm' myself if only I were
up-to-date on R itself (I'm waiting for 2.1.0 to come out,
which I understand is scheduled to happen soon, yes?).

Best wishes,
Ted.

Fax-to-email: +44 (0)870 094 0861
Date: 09-Apr-05                                       Time: 13:02:22