[Rd] patch to add a menu item in Rgui for RSiteSearch

Liaw, Andy andy_liaw at merck.com
Wed Apr 13 14:04:10 CEST 2005

> From: Duncan Murdoch
>
> Adaikalavan Ramasamy wrote:
> > While on the subject, may I also suggest that a menu item
> to search the
> > BioConductor archives be added.
> >
> >  Archives             : https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/bioconductor/
> >  Search-able archives :
> http://files.protsuggest.org/cgi-> bin/biocond.cgi
> >
> > I hope
> this is not an unreasonable
> request considering that there is
> > menu item to select repositories to include BioConductor in
> R-2.1.0beta.
>
> I think this would make more sense as an enhancement to
> search.r-project.org (the site where RSiteSearch sends the search
> request) than to Rgui.
>
> Duncan Murdoch

Jonathan had committed to keep his site up (and gave a very detail set of
instructions on how to reconstruct the search page, in case his can not be
maintained), before RSiteSearch() was admitted to base R.  Is the search
site Adai mentioned the `official' BioC archive search page?

BTW, Jonathan's search page already includes (all?) BioC packages.  The only
missing part is the mailing list archives.

Andy