[Rd] unable to start pdf, postscript devices (PR#8052)

ripley@stats.ox.ac.uk ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Fri Aug 5 17:49:14 CEST 2005

The following in NEWS is probably relevant:

                 CHANGES IN R VERSION 2.1.1 patched

     o   File creation errors in pdf(), postscript(), xfig() resulted
         in a pointer being freed twice.  (Reported by Matt McCall)

So,

1) Please try R-patched as we do ask you to (before sending a bug report).

2) You probably do not have permission to open the files in the current
directory, hence the error that is being handled twice.