[Rd] unable to start pdf, postscript devices (PR#8052)

jmf@atmosinfo.com jmf at atmosinfo.com
Fri Aug 5 17:17:13 CEST 2005

Full_Name: Jeffrey Freedman
Version: 2.1.1
OS: Mac 10.4.2
Submission from: (NULL) (169.226.95.21)

All of a sudden, I cannot generate pdf, postscript, jpeg, png graphics. I get
the following error:

R(273) malloc: ***  Deallocation of a pointer not malloced: 0x113e870; This
could be a double free(), or free() called with the middle of an allocated
block; Try setting environment variable MallocHelp to see tools to help debug
Error in pdf(psfile) : unable to start device pdf

This originally happened running R version 2.1.0. I upgraded to 2.1.1 and the
same problem still occurs. No other changes to the operating system and no new
software installation has occurred on the computer running R, which is an Apple
Dual 2 GHz Power PC G5.