[Rd] config.status: error: cannot find input file: po/Makefile.in.in

Wittner, Ben Wittner.Ben at mgh.harvard.edu
Wed Feb 16 16:27:17 CET 2005

The tarballs

R-devel_2005-02-16.tar.gz,
R-devel_2005-02-15.tar.gz and
R-devel_2005-02-14.tar.gz

all had the property that when I run ./configure on them I get the following
error message:

config.status: error: cannot find input file: po/Makefile.in.in

which terminates the configure script.

After R-devel_2005-02-15.tar.gz was posted but before R-devel_2005-02-16.tar.gz
was posted, Jeff Gentry got the devel version of R from SVM and it did not have
this problem, so he and I thought it was a problem that had been fixed sometime
after R-devel_2005-02-15.tar.gz was made.
But, since it still happens in R-devel_2005-02-16.tar.gz, I would guess it's a
problem with the tarball creation software.

I'm running Red Hat Linux enterprise edition 3 work station.

-Ben