[Rd] config.status: error: cannot find input file: po/Makefile.in.in

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed Feb 16 18:17:41 CET 2005

Your second guess is right and we do already know that the tarballs are
incomplete.

Unfortunately the person whose scripts are running this is on vacation and
only he can rectify this.  The intention is that if `make dist' fails in
any way you do not get a tarball, so I don't understand how these partial
tarballs are being created -- not that it is failing for me.  (I have a
guess as to what the problem is, a conflict on an automated svn update.)

Please use Subversion for now, and please be patient: R is a volunteer
project and we cannot be expected to have unstable versions available at
all times.

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005, Wittner, Ben wrote:

> The tarballs
>
> R-devel_2005-02-16.tar.gz,
> R-devel_2005-02-15.tar.gz and
> R-devel_2005-02-14.tar.gz

Please note that those tarballs are not on a R site per se.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk