[Rd] Sweave resource leak: leftover temp files (PR#7999)

Peter Dalgaard p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Fri Jul 8 17:00:56 CEST 2005

Gabor Grothendieck <ggrothendieck at gmail.com> writes:

> On 7/8/05, Duncan Murdoch <murdoch at stats.uwo.ca> wrote:
>
> > We're planning (or in the process of?) changing the bug reporting
> > system, so this is only a temporary inconvenience.
> >

> I think these points have been raised before but, just in case, some
> aspects of this, if its changing anyways, that would be nice to see
> would be:
>
> - integration with svn
> - expansion from bug tracking to issue, change and wishlist tracking
>
> Also it would be nice to have a consistent standard way to:
>
> - track issues, changes and wishlists in individual packages, not just in R

Well, since I'm going on vacation as of *now*, it's not going to
happen until August...

Re. the last point, it does require that package maintainers play
along. They have not been very good at closing issues in the Add-on
section of the current bug repo, which is why we currently recommend
users to approach the maintainer directly.

As a general matter, nobody is going to do bug repository maintenance
as a full-time job, so we need to go with a turnkey solution like
Bugzilla. We're likely going to lose the mailing list integration as
we know it -- we can probably send a copy of all bug reports to
r-devel, but there's not going to be a nice way to save the followups
automagically. Users will also likely be requested to obtain a
password and login before submitting a bug.