[Rd] Computer algebra in R - would that be an idea??

Søren Højsgaard Soren.Hojsgaard at agrsci.dk
Sun Jul 17 19:13:33 CEST 2005

Sounds really nice... Due to a not-so-particularly-nice summer weather in Denmark, I have started writing a little package called 'yacasR' which communicates with Yacas through a socketConnection (on windows, I don't know how general this communication method is??). I'll try to 'polish' the package a bit more within the next few days and afterwards post it somewhere (not on CRAN, though). If the yacasR idea can fly, I hope more people will contribute to the package...

However, it would be really good if some of you who know more about the technical stuff, could find a way of making Yacas communicate with R more smoothly...

Best regards
Søren