[Rd] Order of options in options()

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sat Jul 30 07:52:12 CEST 2005

As the number of options has grown, I have found it harder and harder to
spot if a particular option is set, as well as to find descriptions in the
help file.  Currently options() lists them in the order they were first
set.

I would find it much easier if the options were listed in alphabetical
order both in the help file and as output.

Does anyone see any reason to retain the current order?

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk