[Rd] R 2.1.0 scheduled for April 18

Peter Dalgaard p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Wed Mar 2 22:35:51 CET 2005

The release schedule has now been set with a release date on April 18.

The detailed procedure can be found at http://developer.r-project.org/
(it is not quite there yet, but will appear after a short propagation
delay.)

The main point for non-developers is that we start making alpha
tarballs on March 21 and beta tarballs on April 4. Only very simple
and/or critical bugs are fixed in the last week before release.

As usual, we encourage users to build and test the pre-release, and
help us find and fix bugs before rather than immediately after the
release.

        For the R Core Team
        Peter Dalgaard