[Rd] CRAN Task Views: ctv package available

Achim Zeileis Achim.Zeileis at wu-wien.ac.at
Fri Mar 11 19:10:09 CET 2005

Paul,

thanks for the feedback.

> If I understand this correctly, I think it is a great idea. Just to be
> sure I do understand, would you expect there might also be a "Time
> Series" view, which would probably overlap some with the
> "Econometrics" view?

In principle, the presence of an "Econometrics" view does not preclude
the existence of a "TimeSeries" or "Finance" view (I already talked with
Dirk privately about the latter). Even if the overlap in packages would
be substantial, there could be value added via the information on the
corresponding HTML page.
Currently, my personal opinion would be that we don't need a separate
"TimeSeries" view and that we should extend the information on the
Econometrics page instead. But it's not unlikely that I could be
convinced otherwise :-) So if you've got suggestions in that direction,
just let me know.

Best,