[Rd] CRAN Task Views: ctv package available

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sat Mar 12 02:14:55 CET 2005

Paul,

On 11 March 2005 at 17:55, Paul Gilbert wrote:
| Achim
| >>Other things that might be useful are various programming views, like
| >>a Matlab view, and an SPSS view.
| >

| > I'm not sure what you have in mind here, because I would think that this
| > amounts more to using the language in general than using certain
| > packages.
|
| I guess I didn't see that this should only be about packages. It seems
| you could put just about anything in the HTML page. A table like
|
|     Matlab    R translation
|     -------    ------------
|      eye(n)      diag(1,n)
|        =            <-
|   etc
|
| might be useful to a lot of people converting from Matlab. I may have
| the above wrong, but I do have a good start on a table like this in a
| sed script somewhere, so if anyone volunteers to be the maintainer I can
| help a bit.

Recall that (at least some of) this exists already in Robin's page at
   http://cran.us.r-project.org/doc/contrib/R-and-octave-2.txt
(using the .us mirror here, adapt at will)

Dirk

--
Better to have an approximate answer to the right question than a precise
answer to the wrong question.  --  John Tukey as quoted by John Chambers