[Rd] Use of htest class for different tests

Gorjanc Gregor Gregor.Gorjanc at bfro.uni-lj.si
Sun Mar 13 21:57:59 CET 2005

Hello!

First of all I must appologize if this has been raised previously, but
search provided by Robert King at the University of Newcastle seems to
be down these days. Additionally let me know if such a question should
be sent to R-help.

I did a contribution to function hwe.hardy in package 'gap' during the
weekend. That functions performs Hardy-Weinberg equilibrium test using
MCMC. The return of the function does not have classical components for
htest class so I was afcourse not successfull in using it. However, I
managed to copy and modify some part of print.htest to accomplish the
same task.

Now my question is what to do in such cases? Just copy parts of
print.htest and modify for each test or anything else. Are such cases
rare? If yes, then mentioned approach is probably the easiest.

--
Lep pozdrav / With regards,
    Gregor GORJANC

University of Ljubljana
Biotechnical Faculty       URI: http://www.bfro.uni-lj.si/MR/ggorjan
Zootechnical Department    email: gregor.gorjanc <at> bfro.uni-lj.si
Groblje 3                  tel: +386 (0)1 72 17 861
SI-1230 Domzale            fax: +386 (0)1 72 17 888
Slovenia