[Rd] edit(vignette(...))

Paul Gilbert pgilbert at bank-banque-canada.ca
Sun Mar 20 17:52:11 CET 2005

I have been looking at edit(vignette(...)) in r-devel, which I think
will be really useful for people working through vignettes. Is there a
way to fork the editor so that the R prompt is returned? The call seems
to be passed though to edit.file, but I don't see any simple way to get
the prompt back until the editor is closed.  (I seem to recall there was
a problem with the prompt returning too soon from bug.report some time ago.)

I also noticed that many (most?) packages have a vignette with the same
name as the package. Is this considered the standard now?

Paul Gilbert