[Rd] CRAN website: link targets

Gregor GORJANC gregor.gorjanc at bfro.uni-lj.si
Fri Mar 25 10:35:53 CET 2005

Hello R-masters!

R and CRAN webpages use HTML frames for layout. Links to files such as PDF
are therefore opened within frame. However, with PDFs this can be
distracting if you have a small monitor, since left frame can be small for
viewing PDFs with bookmark toolbar in the left in Acrobat Reader. It isn't
such a bug problem with others i.e. (K)Ghostview etc, but it can be still
small to look at.

I suggest to add targets to all links to PDF files. If one wants to see
that link will be opened in new frame/tab then target="_blank" should used,
otherwise target="_top" will cause that PDF will be opened "over all
frames" of current website.

I can help if you find this idea good and don't find time to do it.

--
Lep pozdrav / With regards,
     Gregor Gorjanc

University of Ljubljana
Biotechnical Faculty        URI: http://www.bfro.uni-lj.si/MR/ggorjan
Zootechnical Department     mail: gregor.gorjanc <at> bfro.uni-lj.si
Groblje 3                   tel: +386 (0)1 72 17 861
SI-1230 Domzale             fax: +386 (0)1 72 17 888
Slovenia, Europe