[Rd] Option "installWithVers" seems to impact new.packages() badly?

A.J. Rossini blindglobe at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 21:07:34 CEST 2005

On 04 Oct 2005 16:42:14 +0200, Peter Dalgaard <p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk> wrote:

> "A.J. Rossini" <blindglobe at gmail.com> writes:
> > Also, I don't know what this has to do with BioC.  This is core R, so
> > pertinent to this list.  Otherwise, perhaps it should be taken out?
>
> Brian can of course speak for himself, but I think his point was just
> that the request for the feature came from BioC, not that the
> discussion was on the wrong list.

But what the heck did that have to do with anything?   Should I be
making comments to  Brian about Peter Donnelly or Jotun Hein if I've
got comments about their work just because he's at Oxford?

Irrelevant network connections are irrelevant, and the comment about
BioC made no sense whatsoever to me.

best,
-tony

blindglobe at gmail.com
Muttenz, Switzerland.
"Commit early,commit often, and commit in a repository from which we can easily
roll-back your mistakes" (AJR, 4Jan05).