[Rd] Option "installWithVers" seems to impact new.packages() badly?

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Tue Oct 4 21:24:26 CEST 2005

Please don't mangle replies like this to make them unreadable.

Peter's comment is spot-on.  The request for versioned installs and the
original code came from the BioC team via Robert Gentleman.  I presume it
was a deliberate choice that a versioned install of 'ash' is reported as
an installation of 'ash_1.0-9', not 'ash', and I was referring you to the
authors (and RG was one and will know who else was involved, as I recall
at least Jeff Gentry) as to their intentions.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk