[Rd] How do I install rbugs ? (PR#8183)

plummer@iarc.fr plummer at iarc.fr
Thu Oct 6 12:04:47 CEST 2005

On Thu, 2005-10-06 at 11:33 +0200, Roger Bivand wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Oct 2005 ulf.lindstroem at imr.no wrote:
>
> > Dear rbugs,
> >
> > 6 month a ago the homepage of R showed how I could install and do a =
> > test-Run of rbugs. This information is not available anymore. I would =
> > appreciate if you could help me installing rbugs and making wun =
> > properly.
>
> Please NEVER use the R-bugs reporting system unless you are absolutely
> sure that you are reporting a major failure in the software - do read the
> guidance notes! Especially on release day, reporting non-bugs does raise
> pressure unnecessarily.
>
> Google on "rbugs" gives:
>
> http://cran.r-project.org/src/contrib/Descriptions/rbugs.html
>
> Please also read http://www.r-project.org/posting-guide.html carefully.

This looks like a semantic error. The address R-bugs is not a mailing
list for the discussion of R and BUGS (Bayesian Inference using Gibbs
Sampling), but for reporting "bugs" (i.e. programming errors) in R. A
moment of research would have revealed this.

Ulf is probably thinking of the article published in R news by Sun Yan,
co-author of the rbugs package. It is still available:

http://cran.r-project.org/doc/Rnews/

Martyn