[Rd] RFC: API to allow identification of warnings and errors in the output stream

Luke Tierney luke at stat.uiowa.edu
Mon Oct 17 21:50:41 CEST 2005

I am strongly opposed to locking in anything from the C internals of
error handling that is not already part of the API.  This is all very
much subject to change and anything along the lines you propose will
make that change more difficult.

Condition handling was added to make this sort of thing possible.  If
there are aspects of condition handling, or your understanding of
condition handing, that need to be improved then we can work on that.

Best,

luke