[Rd] PR#8210

mcintosh@research.telcordia.com mcintosh at research.telcordia.com
Wed Oct 26 14:26:24 CEST 2005

This failure is reproducible:

1) This requires a machine without "makeinfo".  I ran into it on a
RedHat 9.0 system, but I doubt the OS matters.
2) unpack the R-2.2.0 source tarball
3) cd R-2.2.0
4) ./configure ; make ; make check ; make install
	[add configure args as appropriate; works fine]
5) make distclean ; ./configure ; make ; make check ; make install
	[add configure args as appropriate]

The last "make install" fails because "make distclean" removed
doc/html/resources.html and makeinfo is needed to rebuild it.

Quick fix:  extract R-2.2.0/doc/html/resources.html from the tarball and
run "make install" again.