[Rd] Shy Suggestion?

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Tue Sep 20 17:11:51 CEST 2005

On 20 Sep 2005, rgentlem at fhcrc.org wrote:
> As I said above, and will try to emphasize, I really do not want R
> CMD check to do any checking of Uses (unless asked to do
> so). Developers that use Uses need to make sure that their package
> works and passes R CMD check whether the package is there or not.

One of the potential gotchas with the current Suggests and R CMD check
setup is that developers cannot easily test whether or not their package
behaves well (e.g. the examples fail gracefully) when packages listed
in Suggests are not available.

As a package developer, I'd like easy ways to check my package under
the "everything is there" scenario and under the "only the minimum
requirements are available" scenario.

+ seth