[Rd] Summary of translation status

Fernando Henrique Ferraz P. da Rosa feferraz at ime.usp.br
Thu Sep 29 06:48:53 CEST 2005

Gabor Grothendieck writes:
> Could you enlarge this to include translations of the help files
> and documentation too so there is a single location that one
> can refer to?  If this is already tracked somewhere else then
> just a link at the top would be enough.

        As far as I know this kind of information is not centralized, as
today there exists no standard procedure for providing translated
versions of the help files and documentation (as exists for the message
files, at least).

        We have the contributed documentation page:
http://cran.r-project.org/other-docs.html , where links can be found to
(some of the) translated documentation available.

         As far as the help files go I never read or heard anything about.
 Is there any effort going on to translate them?

        The idea to have a single location to refer to when it comes to
the translation efforts sounds good though. We just have to consider a
way to centralize information on the translation of documentation and
help files.

--
Fernando Henrique Ferraz P. da Rosa
http://www.feferraz.net