[Rd] Does the "installWithVers=TRUE" setting for the install.packages/update.packages flag updates?

A.J. Rossini blindglobe at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 09:16:52 CEST 2005

It might be my settings or improper use -- but if I use the
"installWithVers=TRUE" flag for update.packages(), I don't seem to get
updates;
and if I use "install.packages(new.packages(),installWithVers=TRUE)",
it seems to (re-)install identical versions of what I have.

(this is with Rdevel from subversion from yesterday)

best,
-tony

blindglobe at gmail.com
Muttenz, Switzerland.
"Commit early,commit often, and commit in a repository from which we can easily
roll-back your mistakes" (AJR, 4Jan05).